cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ppp multilink question

wsitu
Level 1
Level 1

is there a command will automatically remove one or more T-1s from a multilink bundle if serve errors are detected?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

you do usually not need a command for it. When the link goes down it will be removed.

The question is what you call severe errors. In case there are transmission errors in the Sp network, but your interfaces are OK, then you can only detect this with active probing like keepalives.

Try "ppp quality " on your contributing links. Have a look at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008008730a.html#3911

Did it help? Then rate it please.

Martin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

you do usually not need a command for it. When the link goes down it will be removed.

The question is what you call severe errors. In case there are transmission errors in the Sp network, but your interfaces are OK, then you can only detect this with active probing like keepalives.

Try "ppp quality " on your contributing links. Have a look at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1828/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008008730a.html#3911

Did it help? Then rate it please.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response.

The errors I referred to are interface errors: CRC, input/output, runts, and etc.

I think "ppp quality " will do the trick. Let's say the link quality drops below my configured threshold and the link got shutdown. Will this link be automatically back in service when the link quality is restored or less than my threshold? Or I must administratively re-enable the interface?

Thanks

Hello,

if the link quality is restored, the link will be restored after a time lag, in order to prevent problems with bouncing links.

Unfortunately I haven´t been able to figure out the length of that time lag...

Regards,

GP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card