Cisco Support Community
Community Member

PPPoE How to set up?

I have a 876W router.

We have a ADSL Connection. We have setup a small wireless network on this Connection. Now i want to add to the network (IPs this is the IP of the modem/router for the ethernet ) a new network through 876W router. Before 876W there is an Access Point with IP My PC was connected on this AP (through switch). Now i want to connect the router 876W with the AP instead of my PC, and my PC on 876W router.

How can i do this? I have tried with PPPoE encapsulation but i don't know what to declare as IPs. Do i have to use NAT? I have set up the 876W router and i can see it (ping...) from my pc, but i can not see the IP of AP, or any other ip on internet. I have use cisco SDM Express.

VIP Purple

Re: PPPoE How to set up?

from what I can tell from your post was that you had this setup:

PC --> Switch --> Access Point --> Internet

and now you have this setup:

PC --> 876W Router --> Access Point --> Internet

I am not sure if this is physically possible: I guess the first thing you need is a connection between the 876W router and the Access Point. I assume the NAT is done on the access point right now ?

You could try and have an IP address assigned dynamically to the interface of the 876W router that is connecting to the access point.

Can you try and connect one of the ports on the 876W to the access point and see if it gets an IP address assigned ?

CreatePlease to create content