Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Primary and Secondary IP NAT ing

is it possible to NAT secondary ip to Primary ip for internet sharing for the LAN through same interface

regards

Devang

3 REPLIES
Purple

Re: Primary and Secondary IP NAT ing

Hi Devang,

If you are asking whether you can NAT the inside secondary addresses for internet access, then the answer is yes. Just include these addresses in your NAT access-list and it will work just fine.

Paresh

Silver

In actual fact, you can NAT to an address that does not exist on any interface of the router.

ya pareshbhai,

actully my router connected to my switch which is non managable and all my host and connection from ISP is also connected to my same switch. now i have only one ip form ISP and that is 172.16.102.6 and i want to allow all my host (four host) to use connection by useing same ip address so i am having doubt that as 2501 having one ethernat port so i have assigned isp ip which is 172.16.102.6 to interface of router ethernet port as primary IP and my lan using 192.168.1.0/24 network and i had assing 192.168.1.1 to ethernet port of router as secondary IP and i had assinged 192.168.1.1 as gateway to all other host.

Now i want to nat 192.168.1.1 secondary IP to 172.16.102.6 primary IP provided by ISP so host can access the internet. SO JUST TELL ME IS IT POSSIBLE AND IF U HAVE ALTERNET WAY THEN PLEASE TELL ME???

thanking you

Devang

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content