Views
Helpful
Replies

Priority for HTTP traffic.

shijomon scaria
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have tried prioritizing traffic from a server IP address to users. I could find the ping statistics remain steady after the prioritization but the http application stopped working. The server is in remote data center and its connected to the user network over an MPLS link. What could have been gone wrong in this case, any idea... ??

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Shijo.

3 Replies 3

Ruben Cocheno
Spotlight
Spotlight

hi,

did you prioritize end-to-end? LAN and WAN?If you have MSP to manage your MPLS talk with them.

Tag me to follow up.
Please mark it as Helpful and/or Solution Accepted if that is the case. Thanks for making Engineering easy again.
Connect with me for more on Linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/rubencocheno/

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have prioritized it in my perimeter router towards WAN.

Just created a priority queue (LLQ) for traffic generated from a particular server by creating a policy map with priority command.

Regards,

shijo.

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

LLQ has an implicit policer, you're not bumping up against that?  I.e. is LLQ dropping packets?

Is your MPLS cloud multipoint?  If so, does it support any QoS?  When you moved your HTTP traffic to a LLQ class, did you change its ToS?

PS:

BTW, I wouldn't recommend using LLQ for HTTP.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card