Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

priority queue packet varification

hi,

can any one tell me any command that shows this much traffic has entered the priority queue on a router. i have done following configuration and used following portion but i am not able to see packets incrementing if i ping with the source allowed in the ACL 1.

class-map match-all out

match access-group 1

policy-map out

class out

priority percent 20

int fa0/0

service policy output out

sh polict-map output out

6 REPLIES

Re: priority queue packet varification

Muhammad,

Try changing your class map to match-any and see if that helps. You'll have to remove the class from the policy and delete and reconfigure the class:

policy-map out

no class out

no class-map out

class-map match-any out

match access-group 1

policy-map out

class out

priority percent 20

Also, please post the acl 1....

HTH,

John

* Edit * I labbed this the way that you have it and it's matching packets....so, no need to change your match statement. In the acl I used though, I only put "permit ip any any" to see if I would get counters at all. If you're sourcing from an address and your acl points to a specific port, your ping won't register the hit on the policy. I'm speculating, of course...

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Hi muhammad,

Locally generated packets are always process-switched and are delivered first to the L3 queue before they are passed on to the interface driver.

Please read the next link, provides exactly the answer that you need

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk760/technologies_tech_note09186a0080108e2d.shtml

You should check the  line with the 2812 packets (second line)

The line provides the number of packets which match the criteria of the class.

This counter increments whether or not the interface is congested.

The highlited two lines refer to the next

The number of packets which match the criteria of the class when the interface was congested.

In other words, the interface transmit ring was full, and the driver and the L3 processor system

worked together to queue the excess packets in the L3 queues, where the service policy applies.

Takei into consideration also the next in order to increase the accurassy of the counters.

Use the load-interval command to change this value and make it a more instantaneous value. The lowest value is 30 seconds; however, statistics displayed in the show policy-map interface output are updated every 10 second

Finally, the name of the service policy that you apply is output but the name of the policy in the config is out.

You should correct this in your config.

I hope that this answered your question.

Vasilis

i have ammeded the configuration and added the acl for reference but issue not resolved. Here is the topolgy i ping from R1 to R3 Loopback. QOS applied to R2 int fa0/1

R2#

-------

access-list 1 permit 172.16.1.1

class-map class-map out

match access-group 1

policy-map out

class out

priority percent 20

int fa0/0

service policy output out

sh polict-map int fa0/1

Hi again,

If you read the previous link this counter shows the number of packets which match the criteria of the class when the interface is congested.

Is your interface congested in order to show the packets generated by R1?

Regards,

Vasilis

well Vasileios is right the interface is not congested how can we make one in this scenario.

You can flood the link with traffic if you can use applications such as WAN killer of Solarwind.

If this is not possible, you can generate high volume of traffic by pinging on the same time via an other terminal the same destination IP with timeout zero or with large packet size.

Then check again the policy interface.

Pay atention, these actions may increase the CPU of the router.

I recommend to decrease the allocated bandwidth to the interface in order to congest it easier.

Regards,

Vasilis

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content