Views
Helpful
Replies

Prob with 2600 arp ..

midhungopi
Level 1
Level 1

Hii,,

I am facing problem between 2 directly connected 2621.wan connectivity b/w the routers is through wireless and terminates in the FE ports on routers..

Randomly i will be losing connectivity for various servers to other network .while clearing the arp cache on routers the connectivty regains.

previously the network was connected via 2500 with a serial to ethernet converter for wireless ..

waiting for a reply ...

Regards,

Midhun

7 Replies 7

mounir.mohamed
Level 7
Level 7

Could you provide us with the output of the show arp from both routers

Mounir..

i will post arp logs soon..

Check config

Regards..

Midhun

please check the arp logs in thy and mul..I will be losing the ping to the FA 0/0 at MUL router which is 151.146.65.254...from the THY router ..After clearing arp cache at both ends it will be online ..Most of the other connectivity is fine and randomly after a while i loose conn to some print servers...

Regards,,

Midhun

globalnettech
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

can you post the configs of both routers ? Also, can you try and see if the problem persists when you add static ARP entries in the router(s) ? Can you also post the output of 'show version' of both routers ? There is always a chance that you are running into an IOS bug...

Regards,

GNT

hii..

I am attaching the config ....i had tried manualy binding the arp to ip ..But the same again..The strange thing i will be able to telnet into mul router local interface FE0 only after clearing arp .i will be able to telnet into the fe 0/1 interface of MUL router all the time ..

Please reply ...

Regards ,,

Midhun

config

I have looked at the files that you posted. Some of it seems inconsistent. In particular I note on THY that the config you posted has only a single static route

(ip route 151.146.64.0 255.255.254.0 FastEthernet0/1)

but the content of show ip route shows a static default route

(S* 0.0.0.0/0 [1/0] via 151.146.189.225)

If you left out this it makes me wonder if there are other things that you left out that might help us understand what the problem is.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: