Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem configuring E1 VWIC3-4MFT-T1/E1

Hi,

I have a E1 link in production and I install a new router 3925 with VWIC3-4MFT-T1/E1 module, I put the same configuration than the old router 3825 but since this change the E1 link has problems, there is high latency and drop packets.

I attach the some information of the links. Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Router B is showing thousands of CRC errors on the interface. I'd contact the provider and have them test the line. You have a couple of CRCs on Router A's side, but there are only 2 of them.

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Hi John thanks for the help, but when I return the old router 3825 with a VWIC2 module the link is normal, so I think the problem is not the provider.

I have other link with a clock-source internal in one router and clock-source line in the other, the link don´t have any problems, how the clock-source affect in the configutarion of link. In my configuration RT-B have clock-source lin primary.

Thanks,

Surely you need the clock source to be line on both ends of the link, just because one link works with one being internal and the other line perhaps is good luck.

best practice would be have clock source line at both ends of link.

Hi chrbradf1, but in the configuration guide say that if one side is clock internal the other side should be clock line. In my case I see one side is set clock line primary and the other side is set clock internal. In the new modules VWIC3 there is no the option clock source line primary, so maybe the incompatibility is for this reason. Thanks for the help.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card