cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem configuring HWIC-2SHDSL card in a 2911 for co mode

dcereckson
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to configure a shdsl port on a 2911 router for CO mode of operation.

The dsl-group auto command does not seem to change the port to operate in CO mode and the link will not come up to a remote router that has a card installed operating in CPE mode.

The configuration I have applied for the shdsl controller is.

controller SHDSL 0/1/0

dsl-group auto

!

!

Do I need to use a HWIC-4SHDSL card for the CO mode operation?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mavespig
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

to force CO mode you need to configure 'termination CO' under the controller SHDSL.

However, only HWIC-4SHDSL supports that command. See here for reference:

"Q. Do the G.SHDSL HWICs work in central-office mode (back-to-back connection without a DSLAM)?

A. Currently only the HWIC-4SHDSL supports both CPE and central-office  modes for diagnostic purposes. The mode of operation can be set only  from the ROM Monitor environment. CPE is the default mode of operation."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5949/ps7175/prod_qas0900aecd80591ff1.html

Hope this helps

Marco

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mavespig
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

to force CO mode you need to configure 'termination CO' under the controller SHDSL.

However, only HWIC-4SHDSL supports that command. See here for reference:

"Q. Do the G.SHDSL HWICs work in central-office mode (back-to-back connection without a DSLAM)?

A. Currently only the HWIC-4SHDSL supports both CPE and central-office  modes for diagnostic purposes. The mode of operation can be set only  from the ROM Monitor environment. CPE is the default mode of operation."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5949/ps7175/prod_qas0900aecd80591ff1.html

Hope this helps

Marco

Thanks Marco. I thought they might have fixed the issue with the 2SHDSL card when used in a 2900 router as the WIC-1SHDSL-V3 card is not supported on this platform and from the device configurator the HWIC-4SHDSL card is not an option and trhe EHWIC-4SHDSL-EA card is NPH until March 2012. This leaves very little option for routers to be ordered and installed in the next month or 2.

Rgds

Dave E

Hi Can you kindly tell me  the meaning of "

LED blinkings

Slow blinking indicates IMA link

training

Fast blinking indicates non-IMA link

Is training

in  EHWIC-4SHDSL-EA V01 card

LEDs  L0,L1,L2,L3 all are fast blinking.Is this mean card is faulty or link problem with ISP??

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card