hello to all,

when i am going to configure BGP/ISIS

through command

router isis

or

router bgp 1

a message is coming that

" PROTOCOL NOT IN THIS IMAGE"

the version of my IOS is 12.3 (6c) and my router is cisco 2610 XM.

please guide

6 Replies 6

Nagendra Kumar Nainar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

It depends on which feature set you are using. Use www.cisco.com/go/fn to check the required feature set image that supports BGP and ISIS.

HTH,

Nagendra

hi nagendra, thanx for reply,

i checked in the URL given by you ,

i have cisco 2610XM cisco router and on that site if my image will be c2600-adventerprisek9-mz.124-21.bin .

if i download this image into my router

will it may allow for configuring BGP/ISIS.

and from which site i can download?

regards ,

Jaideep Soni

Hi Jaideep,

You need a valid CCO login for access/download IOS. If you have a valid service contact with Cisco then you can also download the same. Else contact your vendor/suppliers for the same.

Thanks

Goutam

Hi gautam ,

thank you for your reply ,

what do you mean by valid CCO login,

i am CCNA can i download IOS .

if i than what is the site address from that i can ?

Hello Jaideep,

CCO Login:Cisco Connection Online Login, those have a valid service contact (Partener, CCIE etc) with Cisco they can access some internal document, IOS etc.

No, you cannot download the same. Suggesting you to contact your service partner or to contact the vendor, where from you have purchased the same. They can help you only. Or you can take a help form Cisco TAC (Technical Assistance Center) by opening a service request.

Thanks

Goutam

Pls rate if it helps!!!

Hello Jaideep,

Cisco allows to download software only if your account is associated to a service contract that includes the platform for which you want to download software.

Or you can use a shared account of the customer or of your company (if they are different)that have this association.

Just being Cisco certified does not provide the right to download IOS images. This is the policy.

For example with my own account that is associated to a Cisco partner I can use all the Cisco tools like output interpreter and so on.

To open a TAC case or to download software I use my customer's account because the service contracts are associated with this one.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card