Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

problem on 3650 switch-Insufficient Power for POE

I get this error on a 3650 switch

Insufficient Power for POE/UPOE device. Replace with compatible FEP and Power-Cycle the Switch

Any Idea what causes this ? Is this a hardware problem or what exactly ?

6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Post the output to the

Post the output to the command "sh power inline".  

Error message could possibly mean that there's not enough PoE available.

Hall of Fame Super Gold

Thanks for rating my post a

Thanks for rating my post a "2" star Aboud.  My assistance to your issue does NOT deserve the low rating given the very limited information you've provided.  

Sorry for being late, but the

Sorry for being late, but the problem was on the power and it was replaced. anyway thanks for your concern and help.

Cisco Employee

I have one Power supply in my

I have one Power supply in my switch.  The boot process only goes so far before it enters an endless repetition of this message.  The LEDs are green except for the SYST which is blinking (system running POST).    Nothing seems to change this state.   Any thoughts on the problem?   (Here's a snip of the boot sequence.)

All packages are Digitally Signed

Starting System Services

devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=4,mode=600,ptmxmode=000 0 0

FIPS(NGWC): Flash Key Check : Begin

FIPS(NGWC): Flash Key Check : End, Not Found, FIPS Mode Not Enabled

Insufficient Power for POE/UPOE device. Replace with compatible FEP and Power-Cycle the Switch ... 

It is probably same as my

It is probably same as my problem which is power supply problem. once it is replaced switch worked great for me. 

I can confirm that i had the

I can confirm that i had the same error message after i installed a fresh IOS on a 3650. 
I tied a new PSU in the switch throwing the error and it worked fine.
As another test i tried to use the suspected to be faulty PSU in another 3650 and it threw the same error.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content