Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Cisco Support Community site will be in read only mode on Dec14, 2017 from 12:01am PST to 11:30am for standard maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Problem setting up an E1 WAN connection with VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 -card

Hello,

I don't know much about configuring E1 WAN connections,

but I'm trying to set up a channelized E1-connection between a C1841 router and a C2821 router, both having VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 interface cards.

I'm having trouble setting up a connection that would use timeslots 7-15 and 17-31.

Here is basically what I've done:

c1841:

controller E1 0/0/0

channel-group 0 timeslots 7-15,17-31

serial 0/0/0:0

ip address n.n.n.n m.m.m.m

c2821:

controller E1 0/0/0

channel-group 0 timeslots 7-15,17-31

serial 0/0/0:0

ip address n.n.n.n m.m.m.m

other settings are default (CRC4, HDB3 and HDLC encapsulation) and both ends use the line as clock source.

with this configuration I get the following error messages on both routers:

controller E1:

far end block errors detected

interface serial 0/0/0:0:

lots of input errors and CRC, frame and overrun errors.

and the serial interfaces go up and down according to the routers, nothing can be transmitted. they probably are down all the time though..

when I try a similar configuration but use only timeslots 7-15 or timeslots 17-31, the serial connection works fine (no errors at all), but the E1 controller still complains about far end block errors. I can send data (ping) from on router to another in both cases.

if I connect the routers directly with a crossover cable, the far end block errors disappear. and serial connection works fine.

Any help would be appreciated, so I can use all the available bandwidth..

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content