Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with aim-voice-30 and vwci-2mft.g703

erodrig
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have a cisco 2620xm with an aim-voice-30 and a vwic-2mft-g703 and i want to use one port of the vwic to connect with the pbx (ds0-group 0) and the other port to a mpls link (channel-group 0)but when i try to configure the channel-group i get this:

MPLS_ROUTER(config-controller)#channel-group 0 timeslots 1-31

%The MFT-VWIC module is already connected to AIM slot,

cannot create Channel groups using onboard SCC.

Please reconfigure channel-group command with"aim #aim-slot" keyword

%Insufficient resources to create channel group

do i need to configure something else?

the ios version is c2600-js-mz.123-6b.bin

thanks

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You cannot use the second port of the VWIC for data when the first is used for voice in a 2600.

You will need to get a separate VWIC for the purpose. It doesn't need to be of the g703 variety that is more expensive.

Hope this help, please rate post if it does!

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

It will support only one channel group. If you are going to create another channel group than you will get that error:

Note When NMSI mode is configured, the controller will support only one channel-group. If you try to configure more than one channel-group, the following error message will occur:

router(config-controller)#channel-group

2 timeslots 3

%Channel-group already created.

%Only 1 channel-group can be configured

with independent clocking.

%Insufficient resources to create

channel group

When configuring between clock source independent and no clock source independent, the channel-group has to be removed.

See on URL: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps221/prod_configuration_guide09186a00800a4063.html

Step:4 in E1 Unstructured configuration.

Regards,

Dharmesh Purohit

That is incorrect. The question is about configuring a single channel-group on a VWIC that is also used for voice with AIM-VOICE30.

As I mentioned above, this is not supported.

Hi Paolo

is there any document or link of cisco with this information?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card