Helpful
Replies

problem with install "VIC2-4FXO"

ladan.eftetahi
Level 1
Level 1

hello

could you pol help me about this problem:

I have one 2611xm that I fill the network module of this router with "NM-16AM-V2" so, I have not any more nm module. but I want use "VIC2-4FXO" for voice,can i use it in wic slot or I should use this card in NM-V@ modele?

thanks for your attention

ladan

5 Replies 5

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Ladan,

Unfortunately, you cannot install the VIC2-4FXO in a WIC slot on a 2611XM. You need to use one of the following network modules for this:

NM-HDV2

NM-HD-2VE

NM-HD-1v

NM-HD-2V

Pls remember to rate posts that help.

Paresh

thanks paresh for helping me

could you pls tell me what can I do if I want to have voice "vic" on 2611xm without using network module.

thanks

Hi Ladan,

As I mentioned in my first post, you simply cannot use a VIC card in a 2611XM without using a network module.

One alternative is to get a VWIC card which you can install in a WIC slot provided you also get an AIM-VOICE module.

Hope that helps - pls rate the post if it does.

Paresh

You have a few alternatives...

a. See if you can get vic-2fxo (version 1) and use a module such as NM-1V or NM-2V on the 2611.

b. Use a module such as NM-HDV2, NM-HD-1V or NM-HD-2V and put the VIC2-2FXO in the built in slot of the network module. NM-HDV2 requires that you put PVDMs in the module. NM-HD-1V and NM-HD-2V has built in DSP chips.

c. Use AIM-VOICE-30 on the AIM slot of 2611, and use the VIC2-2FXO in the regular WIC slot of the router. AIM-VOICE-30 has built in DSP chips.

d. Use a 2800 series router and use the VIC2-2FXO in any of the HWIC slots. You will also need PVDM2 chips on the PVDM slots on the motherboard of the router.

HTH

PS: please remember to rate helpful replies!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Hi shanky

thanks for your help

so, finally I know that I can buy "VIC2-4FXO"

with one "AIM-VOICE-30"on 2611xm without using any nm module ? is it ok?

thanks so much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card