cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Interface CRC 7206VXR

elelvis19
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with an FastEthernet interface of a router 7206VXR, since a few days or week the interface it's getting more and more CRC and the same amount of input errors, but that happend if the interface is configured full-duplex, but if i change it to Half-duplex the interface don't have CRC but start to getting Collisions and output errors. I tried changing the physical interface but the same problem is still happening.

I hope to somebody help me to resolve this issue.

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the fast ethernet interface connecting into ?. Presumably if a switch check the speed and duplex settings on the switch port to ensure that they match.

Note that at 10 half you will get collisions so you really want both ends to be running at 100full.

Jon

The interface it's connected to a Linksys SRW224G4 switch and the port it's configured as Max Capability and i also tried to change it to fix Full duplex but didn't work.

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

can you revert back on the other end device to which the router is getting connected ?

can you cehck the settings on the other end also ?

if possible try to configure the same settings on both the device.

regds

I already tried but didn't work, i thinking that can be something in that network like a pc or some equipment or don't know something like that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card