Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

problem with public ip sharing

hi..

i hav 5 public IPs, x.x.x.98-102. x.x.x.97 is my gateway. i hav utilized those 5 public IPs (using Proxy server, Wi-Fi routers) serving internet connections to Faculty, Class Lab, Canteen, Wi-Fi, Admin. To make it simple (easy to isolate problems), i used a switch (No VLAN) for every public IP. the problem i experienced lately is that 2 of the public IP (x.x.x.100 and x.x.x.102) suffers from intermittent connectivity. connectivity will be disconnected and after couple of minutes it will connect again. but if i will not share the public IP, that is connected to my laptop, no disconnection.

as a summary i hav trouble sharing 2 of my Public IP. was the problem in the DSL modem? does my modem cannot carry the simultaneous connections from public IPs? or in my "simple" configuration? please need your advice on this. as far as i know, my configurations are straight-forward and it would just "simply" and supposedly work =)

thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies