Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Problem with WIC 1T card

Hi everybody

I have a router 2600 with two links, 1024K and E1 speed both works fine, my problem is that I have a new router 2801 and when I migrated the E1 interface on this router doesn´t work, on the console port I received messages %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN , Up an d Down, The firt probe was tested the two interfaces with link of 1024k,and both interfaces works fine, but If I conected E1 interface on any interfaces on 2800 fails. DCE device is a ONS 150E TyLink model. Both router using WIC 1T card

The configuration on the serial is:

ip address 10.2.16.253 255.255.255.252

no ip directed-broadcast

ip accounting output-packets

bandwidth 1984

So any suggestions about that.

thanks and best redards

Manuel

• WAN Routing and Switching
3 REPLIES

Re: Problem with WIC 1T card

an E1, as in EUROPE?

You probably need some timeslots configured...

contr e1 0/0

channel-group 0 timeslot 1-31

If the 1024 worked, it was probably able to autosense less than 24 timeslots...

Try it let us know

You are the second one to report problems with WIC-xT and the 2801. Look at this case:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf;jsessionid=5pq3xg0i11.SJ3A?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=WAN%2C%20Routing%20and%20Switching&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dda5b0f

This is probably no coincidence. Although I do not give the advice often, I would consider opening a TAC-case for this one.

Regards,

Leo

thanks guys, I can fix the problem, Both wic-cards are fine I think that is possible missing some clocking señal on DCE TyLink, I don not know because i cuoldn´t find any manual or information about this device so I changed It for a CSU/DSU RAD model, now it´s working fine.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.