Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Gold

problems with HSRP, iBGP

I have 2 3660's [12.2(7a)] running HSRP between the two, and configured as iBGP peers. They exchange all routes learned from their respective eBGP peers, AT&T, and Sprint. Router1 (AT&T), is the primary HSRP router. After attempting to download the latest IPS updates from Cisco (ftp-sj.cisco.com/198.133.219.27), it kept timing out. A traceroute from an internal server indicated it was going out the Sprint connection (HSRP 2ndary router), due to the iBGP route exchanges. The download would get to about 300Kb and timeout. We have a PIX515E (6.3(5)) behind the HSRP routers. If I put a static route in the PIX to go to the 2ndary HSRP router for the cisco FTP site, it downloads just fine. Any suggestions on how to fix this, as I'm guessing Cisco is not the only affected site. (ip-redirects are turned off on the HSRP routers)

PLEASE HELP :)

TIA

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: problems with HSRP, iBGP

Did you check the physical interfaces for CRC errors. If the download starts and then suddenly stops this may be a physical layer problem. Check on this.

Gold

Re: problems with HSRP, iBGP

nothing significant with CRC errors. Last thursday I ended up moving both circuits to one physical router, taking iBGP and HSRP out of the picture. Everythign works fine now. I think we are getting two new routers in a couple months, so i think the setup will probably stay like this for now. Thanks for the reply.

Views
Helpful
Replies