CSCO11460466
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone

I have been checking the following Log on 2900 Router:

Nov 28 09:10:28.582: Se0/1/0 PPP: Using default call direction

Nov 28 09:10:28.582: Se0/1/0 PPP: Treating connection as a dedicated line

Nov 28 09:10:28.582: Se0/1/0 PPP: Session handle[B000027] Session id[272]

I was checking before if the cause is a Bug but on Cisco Bug tool kit i couldt found anything related with the previous Log.

Does somebody know what it meas?

This Log is activated by some *debug command* ?? Or it is activated automatically?

Thanks in additio

Regards

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These log messages do not look like a problem to me. Is the interface Se0/1/0 working?

It does look a bit like debug messages. The easy way to check is to do the show debug command and see if something like debug ppp is enabled.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello Rick

The interface serial 0/1/0 is working without any problem and ther's no any debug command running.

Im not very sure if Log messages were generated automatically or any debug command caused

Regards

You say that there are no debug commands running. If that is accurate then the log messages could not have been generated from debug command output.

The format of the log messages does not look so much like normal syslog output and looks more like debug output (perhaps like debug isdn q931 or perhaps debug ppp negotiation).

Perhaps we might get a better understanding if we knew a bit more about these messages in the log. Do they show up frequently, or rarely, or only once? And were there any other log messages within a minute or 2 of these messages being generated?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card