Views
Helpful
Replies

PVC on Cisco 867 Router Setup

Tim Roelands
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm try to setup a Cisco 867 using two PVC. So what I need is one ATM interface, and two virtual ATM's, ATM0.1 and ATM0.2. And als two Dialers. Can anyone help me with the command order to achief my goal?

I have found several config layouts (show run), but I'm not able to setup using the CLI. How to setup a virtual ATM? Do I need to create the ATM0.1 first before I can assing any PVC's or will it be created automaticly?

I'm able to setup the general ATM interface:

# config term

(config)# interface atm 0

(config)# ip address x.x.x.x

Do I need to confige ATM0.1 on the ATM interface? Please help!

6 Replies 6

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I'm try to setup a Cisco 867 using two PVC. So what I need is one ATM interface, and two virtual ATM's, ATM0.1 and ATM0.2. And als two Dialers. Can anyone help me with the command order to achief my goal?

I have found several config layouts (show run), but I'm not able to setup using the CLI. How to setup a virtual ATM? Do I need to create the ATM0.1 first before I can assing any PVC's or will it be created automaticly?

I'm able to setup the general ATM interface:

# config term

(config)# interface atm 0

(config)# ip address x.x.x.x

Do I need to confige ATM0.1 on the ATM interface? Please help!

Check out the below link for PVC configuration on Cisco 860,880 and 890 series

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/860-880-890/software/configuration/guide/pppoanatfm.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Hi Ganesh,

Create reference guide! Thanks. One problem left (could not find it in te reference). The reference guide explaines a lot of (ATM) interface tuning, my problem is (I came down from GUI interface management to CLI)  I don't know how to create an additional ATM interface! ATM interface ATM0 does exist, but what I need are additional interface like ATM0.1 and ATM0.2. Tuning those interfaces isn't the problem, I just can't enter them, because they don't exist Thanks in advance!

Just configure them and they will exist.

But to configure, I have first enter the interface do I? Just like configuring the ATM interface:

# config term

(config)# interface ATM0

(config-if)# then configure, but I can't when they do not exist...

Name them and they will exist. Call it black magic !?!

And it did! Thanks! used to following:

#config term

(config)# int atm0.2 point-to-point

(config)# pvc 0/1

(config)#

Then it worked, needed to add the point-to-point name!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card