cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PXE Boot

jrojas
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a specific configuration I have to add to my 4507's or 6513's in order to have them forward PXE boot requests from a client. Our PXE Server (a server running Altiris Deployment Solution) is located at our NOC and our clients are located throughout our WAN. We are interconnected via gigabit fiber. My clients already boot to a centralized DHCP server which is located in the same location and subnet as our PXE server.

2 Replies 2

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

This situation seems to only occur when the offer does not contain an IP address for the client, which forces the router to broadcast the response. This problem does not affect normal DHCP traffic, since a real DHCP frame from a

DHCP server offers an IP address. It will affect portable execution environment (PXE) clients that are using LCCM servers to gather their configurations files.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/server_nw_virtual/commercial_host_driver/boib_linux/user/guide/boot.html#wp945764

chris_tan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just add "ip helper-address " into your router LAN interface (where you should already have current ip helper-address for DHCP.

Hope it help.

Rgds,

Christopher

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: