Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

QoS Cisco 800 serie Router

Hi,

We have a terminalserver within out local network. The LAN en WAN are connected trough a Cisco 867 router, everthing works fine, but I would like to finetune one issue. When a internal user starts a download (consuming almost all WAN bandwidth) the terminalserver responds very slow when connected from the WAN. Is it possible to reserve a minimum amount of bandwidth for a single port on the router, sharing one WAN connection. At this moment all 4 ports are within a single Vlan. Thanks!

3 REPLIES

Re: QoS Cisco 800 serie Router

A simple answer - yes it is possible.  However I presume the terminal server is on the LAN - as are your users.  If there is a user that starts a large D/L from the WAN, and the terminal server is slow - this would indcate a bottle neck on the LAN. As you are also on the LAN - the traffic should not pass thru the router as it's locally switched, and not routed.

Post your config for review - remove sensitive information.

The terminal is connected from outside the LAN (WAN), so managment should take place on the WAN interface...

I personally would have 2 QoS policies, for inbound & outbound to control the traffic, especially if the term

server is used over the WAN.

HTH>

Views
Helpful
Replies