Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos configuration on Tunnel Interface

ravichandrantg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an MPLS connectivity between two branches. I have created a tunnel between two router interfaces.

I would like to configure priority queining on the Tunnel interface. (with acl defined priority groups high/medium/low/normal)

Is there a way to do the configuration. i.e configuring priority queing on the Tunnel interface.

Regards

Ravi

2 Replies 2

mheusing
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ravi,

a tunnel interface does not allow queueing, because it has no hardware queue. What you could do is using hierarchical policies applied to the tunnel interface. Have a look at this other post for more detailed explanations:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=WAN%2C%20Routing%20and%20Switching&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddfa361/1#selected_message

A second option is to apply queueing to the hardware interface and use either paket markings (IP precedence, DSCP) or QoS pre-classify.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

CBWFQ is not supported on Tunnel interfaces, but you can use nested policy-maps though.

[edit] Sorry Martin didn't see your reply.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco