cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS Configuration

djohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know where I can find any basic step by step configuration docs for configuring QOS on Routers and switches.

thanks

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Before getting into QOS, first I would look at what kind of traffic you have in your wan, lan. Whether the traffic is data only (if then identify what kind of protocols are being used, which traffic needs QOS), if there is voice / video also present etc.

QOS configuration can be different for different types of equipments and also depending upon lan and wan.

Autoqos is a good approach if you dont want to take pains of configuring every single equipment with qos. Autoqos will do all that for you. But to learn qos, using QOS configuration guides for the appropriate product is a good start.

Search at CCO, "Configuring QOS" and you should get a ton of links for each equpiment (Switch and Router).

HTH

Sankar

PS: Please remember to rate helpful replies!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

psoltesz
Level 1
Level 1

hello!

I suggest you the www.cisco.com/go/srnd site where can you find lots good documentation.

The following link for qos you can find there http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/solution/esm/qossrnd.pdf

Bye,

Peter

Thanks this really helped me out

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card