Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

QoS, GLBP and OSPF

The explications and design in annex.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES

Re: QoS, GLBP and OSPF

Hi Friend,

In this scenario you have to basically use PBR to route the traffic through 4MB link only.For VOIP, you can also use both the links to forwrad the traffic but make sure that you have per-destination load-balancing enable on the router interfaces. It is never suggested to have per-packet load-balancing on the links when running the vocie traffic.

OSPF only support equal path load-balancing and I am in doubt that OSPF will be able to calculate the same cost for both the links as per the OSPF router perspective as both the links ahve different bandwidth.

Let us know which switch is there at the LAN side.If its a layer3 switch then you can policy based the routes there only with tracking function. You can also do the PBR on the router.

HTH, Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Re: QoS, GLBP and OSPF

Ok, but I want configure QoS, and VoIP traffic I Want pass in One link only.

If link down, VoIP pass for other link and thus VoIP too have priority.

I dont have L3 switching, only two routers with GLBP. GLBP for voice, not is very good sure? I can't load balancing of the data in OSPF, without make load balance of the voice packets, with GLBP? With PBR , i can set next hop for Voice networks correctly? I can make with that OSPF stay cost equals, with command "IP OSPF COST" correctly?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content