Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos help in cisco 3845 on sub-interface

csawest.dc
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Experts,

I need QOS for Voice and data traffic required saprate , one of our customer having bandwidth 2.4 MB bandwidth we are given to them, now they are required for Voice 1.5 MB and other 900kb for data. we configured rate-limit on their sub interface in our 3845 router. pl see config

interface GigabitEthernet0/1.9
description *** Dave Info ***
encapsulation dot1Q 9
ip address 121.225.72.21 255.255.255.252
rate-limit input 2400000 64000 64000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

rate-limit output 2400000 64000 64000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

Please help me how can i do sapreate traffic for voice and data , as per their requird for voice and data.

Thanks in ADV,

Vaib...

2 Replies 2

Nagendra Kumar Nainar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vaib,

You can use MQC to classify and prioritize the traffic on different classes. Please see below URL for QoS configuration help,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/configuration/guide/12_4/qos_12_4_book.html

Currently you are rate limiting the traffic on both inbound and outbound direction. I assume you need to prioritize traffic on outbound direction while continue policing the inbound traffic.

To do so, Try MQC policing inbound and LLQ (Low latency Queuing) outbound. Use the below URL for configuration help,

Policing - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/configuration/guide/cnfig_traffic_polcng_ps6350_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

LLQ - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/configuration/guide/llq_with_pps.html for cofniguration help.

P.S : Be aware that you may not be able to apply LLQ or CBWFQ outbound on subinterfaces. You need to use Hierarchical QoS with parent policy-map to shape the traffic at certian rate and apply child policy with LLQ.

HTH,

Nagendra

Dear Nagendra,

Thank you very much for your support.

I havnt very much knowledge about Qos , i am not aware very well about that , i have seen , there are lots of in details so i am confuse.

I request you please if possible for me to make any templates as per my required Voice and data traffic need to saprate when 2.4 mb configured in subinterface , they are required 1.5 mb for voice and other are data which is 900kb. by Qos.

interface GigabitEthernet0/1.9
description *** Dave Info ***
encapsulation dot1Q 9
ip address 121.225.72.21 255.255.255.252
rate-limit input 2400000 64000 64000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop
rate-limit output 2400000 64000 64000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

if you make templates in global mode as per my required, i realy vert appreciate.

Thanks in ADV,

Vaib...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card