cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS Help

desmond.s
Level 1
Level 1

What specific commands are needed to configure qos on a router?

Two sites:

Cisco 2911  (Site 1)                                              Cisco 2911 (Site 2)

Data Vlan

Management Vlan

I want to configure QOS on Site 1 where the Data Vlan traffic is always marked higher than the management Vlan coming from Site 1.

Help is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Desmond

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The    Author of this posting offers the information contained within this    posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any  purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and  should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In    no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

You could use an inbound service policy to mark your two VLANs differently, or you could use an outbound service policy to mark your two subnets differently.  (NB, reason I used VLAN for ingress and subnet for egress I'm assuming the router has a subinterface per VLAN, but egress likely merges the two sets of traffic which would then require matching on source subnet.)

PS:

You could also use the an egress policy to treat the two sets of traffic differently (NB: may not require actual traffic marking).

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card