cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS in DMVPN For One Remote Spoke Only

ksvy_ksvy
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting ready to deploy a DMVPN solution with hub-to-spoke using GRE.

Question "is there any QoS support for one remote spoke site to have some kind of traffic shaping, not a hub-to-spoke or spoke-to-spoke type of QoS solution?

thanks, Kevin

5 Replies 5

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unclear, at least to me, exactly what type of QoS and/or shaping do you wish to provide?

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Kevin,

>> not a hub-to-spoke or spoke-to-spoke type of QoS solution?

in DMVPN communication can happen as:

hub-to-spoke

or

spoke to spoke

if you exclude these two you are left only with internet access outside the DMVPN on the remote site.

Are you meaning this? that you would like to differentiate internet access traffic from DMVPN traffic?

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Giuseppe, the solution will be dual dynamic hub DMVPN infrastructure, incorporating hub-to-spoke and spoke-to-spoke support. The question is - "can one single remote spoke have the means of using some form of traffic shaping without incorporating a complete hub-to-spoke or spoke-to-spoke QoS solution?"

again, this DMVPN rollout will be supporting GRE (using EIGRP) out to the remote routers, no CPE to PE to core MPLS.

thanks, Kevin

Hello Kevin,

>> can one single remote spoke have the means of using some form of traffic shaping without incorporating a complete hub-to-spoke or spoke-to-spoke QoS solution?

yes, but if you don't deploy QoS features also on the other end of the communication (for example another remote site) what can you get ?

You can shape outbound traffic only, incoming traffic is handled by the other side.

let me put a basic question:

Have you got a remote site with specific issues like a slower access link than the others?

Hope to help

Giuseppe

hi Giuseppe,

yes, one remote location has an issue with two local applications going outbound which are over ultizing the site's WAN circuit.

thanks, Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card