Correct about the bandwidth. Think of it as creating a false congestion so the router knows about it.
And as was stated before, QoS on this link might not even really be needed. I don't think it would HURT to implement it, just in case, but you really should baseline your connection (possibly with AutoQoS) and go from there.
Adam does touch upon an interesting point, if you can (physically) run the WAN interface at 100 Mbps, you wouldn't need to use a shaper. However, using the shaper you can easily contract with the provider to increase your effective bandwidth at any value between 100 Mbps and gig.
If the provider is actually policing your traffic, then it's fine not do anything if you don't mind them discarding your traffic when you go above your contracted rate or if you know that your traffic would never go above your contracted rate. An example of the latter would be a front side 100 Mbps (LAN) connection with your backside gig (MAN) connection that's policed to 100 Mbps.
If it's possible that you can oversubscribe the 100 Mbps MAN, and the oversubscription can be due to the SAN traffic, and considering you want to protect your voice, then QoS is a must.
If you only have voice and SAN, you only need to provide the two classes for voice (as you done); also assuming you've allocated enough bandwidth. You can leave off SAN-TRAFFIC, i.e. let it fall into the default.
If you might have other traffic other than voice and SAN, you can go with a policy much like what you have except you can set the SAN bandwidth to a setting to split the bandwidth with your other traffic as you like. The 60% setting doesn't limit SAN to 60% it means it gets 60% if the other 40% is in demand. (Except for LLQ, bandwidth is a floor, not a maximum.) If this is what you intend, that?s find.
However, your policy would assume all the bandwidth of the gig is available so you need to create a hierarchical policy that limits the total to 100 Mbps.
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...