cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS on new 2801 network users use IPC

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

My client has a router 2801 and a switch 3750. There will be 25 users using IP Communicator for voice. No actual IP phones. So i guess that would be utilzing the bandwidth like data traffic.

THe router has a connection to an Adtran that goes to an MPLS network. And a connection to a firewall.

Attached are the configs.

It might just be either NO QOS needed or a very simple QOS configuration. Either way, i am just looking for some suggestions or some sample qos setup for what I need.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

If you are looking for just Qos on the LAN you can just trust the dscp received on the port.

mls qos

mls qos map cos-dscp 0 8 18 26 34 46 48 56

interface fa 1/0/1

mls qos trust dscp

On the router

class-map match-all voice

match ip rtp 16384 16383

policy-map QoS-to-MPLS

class voice

priority 1024

set ip dscp EF

class class-default

interface fa 0/1

max-reserved-bandwidth 100

service-policy output QoS-to-MPLS

HTH

Narayan

What does this mean:

mls qos trust dscp

(QOS newbie)

-------------

Also, on the router, what will that do, what will be the priority? Since they use softphones they shouldn't need anything special for voice right? Just trying to make some sense of what you provided.

thanks for your help though...

DSCP - differentiated service code point is a per hop QoS behavior which maps a 8 bit DS QoS field in the IP packet header

By default the cisco phone/communicator would tag the voice packets with DSCP 46 and the signalling with DSCP 24. When you enable QOS and use the above command, you are trusting the values that is being set.

Narayan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card