Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

QOS on port-channel subinterface ASR 1002-X

Hi,

I'm trying to configure some shaping and policing on a port-channel subinterface on my ASR1002-X IOS XE 03.09.02.S without success .

Is the feature supported on my version or does it need an other?

thanks

class-map match-any CLASS_WIFI_DC_IN
 match any
class-map match-any CLASS_WIFI_DC_OUT
 match any
!
policy-map POLICY_WIFI_DC_OUT
 class CLASS_WIFI_DC_OUT
  shape average 10000000
policy-map POLICY_WIFI_DC_IN
 class CLASS_WIFI_DC_IN
  police cir 10000000
   exceed-action drop
   violate-action drop
!
!
!

interface Port-channel1.3013
 description CTRL-WIFI
 encapsulation dot1Q 3013
 ip address 95.81.167.69 255.255.255.248
 service-policy input POLICY_WIFI_DC_IN
 service-policy output POLICY_WIFI_DC_OUT

TOM#show policy-map interface
 Port-channel1.3013

Service-policy input: POLICY_WIFI_DC_IN

Service policy POLICY_WIFI_DC_IN is in suspended mode

Service-policy output: POLICY_WIFI_DC_OUT

Service policy POLICY_WIFI_DC_OUT is in suspended mode

4 REPLIES

Hi,Traditional QoS will not

Hi,

Traditional QoS will not work for etherchannels. Please read to find suitable config for your case.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/qos_mqc/configuration/xe-3s/qos-mqc-xe-3s-book/qos-eth-int.html#GUID-6137A7B8-B2D1-4024-8AC9-E7EBEDD868C6

hi,

hi,

it's possible to achieve service-policy work applied to port-channel subinterface, however it's more like workaround than fix or solution. you can use:

1. global configuration command - port-channel load-balancing vlan-manual, but it will disable load balancing from flow-based algorithm and move all traffic to only member of port-channel interface.

2. port-channel subinterface command - encapsulation dot1q 2 primary gigabitethernet2/1/0 secondary gigabitethernet8/0/0 (encapsulation dot1Q vlan-id primary member-link secondary member-link)

also here is the link - http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/lanswitch/configuration/xe-16/lanswitch-xe-16-book/lnsw-vlan-map-gig.html

and I would be glad to know if there is available more elegant solution for this issue with flow-based load balancing.

Cisco Employee

Hi Ruslan,

Hi Ruslan,

Another Solution for the Suspended QOS with Port-Channel with Sub-interfaces without using the "load-balancing vlan".

you can use the Aggregate GEC QOS (which will provide Flow based Etherchannel QOS), Below is a sample Configurations:

platform qos port-channel-aggregate 1  ==> issue this command before creating Port-Channel 1

Then create the Port-channel "1" & apply the QOS under Port-channel Sub-interface..

The "Aggregate GEC QOS" Feature is supported from in XE 3.16.3 & later..

Hope this could help,

Islam

hi Islam,

hi Islam,

thanks for your answer.

unfortunately I don't have opportunity to test this solution now, but anyway thanks, I beleive this will do the trick.

Views
Helpful
Replies