cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Qos one machine

wbarren
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to setup a qos policy and give one specific machine priority. All traffic from this one machine will be given priority. On the remote side the config looks like the following.

access-list 10 permit 10.10.10.10

class-map match-any CitrixTraining

match access-group 10

class CitrixTraining

set dscp af31

policy-map mpls_wan

class CitrixTraining

priority 128

then apply the policy map to the serial interface. All this traffic will go to citrix. On the head end side do I need a policy to set the taffic back to this machine? If so since this is citrix how can I set the priority back to this machine and not all citrix traffic?

2 Replies 2

cisco_lad2004
Level 5
Level 5

ACL matching source or destination host can be used for matching inbound and outbound traffic.

You can configure a class map matching source of the machine, and at the other end use another ACL to match destination to tsi particular host.

HTH

Sam

To clarify Sam's suggestion . . .

Instead of using a standard ACL, you can use an extended ACL. (I'm using a named ACL, but numbered would work too.)

(NB: syntax might be incorrect)

ip access-list extended CitrixTrainingHost

permit ip host 10.10.10.10 any

permit ip any host 10.10.10.10

!added match for Citrix protocol

class-map match-all CitrixTraining

match access-group CitrixTrainingHost

match protocol Citrix

policy-map mpls_wan

class CitrixTraining

set dscp af31

priority 128

PS:

Since I see "mpls_wan", you might also have to apply QoS for asymetrical bandwidths (to the MPLS cloud) and/or utilize MPLS QoS support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card