Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

QoS - packets arriving on the interface

Hi,

In have a cisco 2801 router, fast 0/0 - internal network and fast 0/1 - internet

I have packets coming into fast 0/0 with dscp values ef, cs3, cs5, etc ... going the the internet thru fast 0/1.

I only have basic configuration on fast 0/1 - no service-policy, no class-map, configured

Scenario: packets with dscp values arriving in fast 0/0 will exit fast 0/1 to the internet.

Question: Will these packets will be tagged the same dscp values when they exit to the internet?

Is this true or do I have make some configuration changes at my end to have this scenario configured.

Please provide reference. All are fastethernet interfaces.

class-map match-any VoIP-Signalling

match ip dscp af31

match ip dscp cs3

match ip dscp cs5

class-map match-any VoIP

match ip dscp ef

!

!

policy-map VOIP-QoS

class VoIP-Audio

priority 2500

class VoIP-Sig

bandwidth 100

class class-default

fair-queue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: QoS - packets arriving on the interface

Question: Will these packets will be tagged the same dscp values when they exit to the internet?

The tags will be preserved as they traverse the router unless you create a policy that alters it.

do I have make some configuration changes at my end to have this scenario configured.

match ip dscp af31

match ip dscp cs3

match ip dscp cs5

class-map match-any VoIP

match ip dscp ef

!

!

policy-map VOIP-QoS

class VoIP-Audio

priority 2500

class VoIP-Sig

bandwidth 100

class class-default

fair-queue

Your policy-map is not configured properly.

class VoIP-Audio != VoIP

class VoIP-Sig != VoIP Signalling

You have to make sure whatever name used in the class-map matches the class used under the policy-map.

Regards,

Edison

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: QoS - packets arriving on the interface

The tags will be preserved as they traverse the router unless you create a policy that alters it.

do I have make some configuration changes at my end to have this scenario configured.

match ip dscp af31

match ip dscp cs3

match ip dscp cs5

class-map match-any VoIP

match ip dscp ef

!

!

policy-map VOIP-QoS

class VoIP-Audio

priority 2500

class VoIP-Sig

bandwidth 100

class class-default

fair-queue

Your policy-map is not configured properly.

class VoIP-Audio != VoIP

class VoIP-Sig != VoIP Signalling

You have to make sure whatever name used in the class-map matches the class used under the policy-map.

Regards,

Edison

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content