Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

QoS-Policy Map Statistics

I've the following QoS configuration in cisco 3725 router, and it seems to work fine, but I've question about the (pkts matched/bytes matched)..shall I be concern that the higher the nubmer gets, the more likely the chance that packets will get dropped?

Your input is greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Hieu

Current QoS config:

class-map match-any Network-Control

match ip dscp cs6

match ip dscp cs2

class-map match-any Critical-Data

match protocol citrix

match protocol sqlnet

match protocol sqlserver

match protocol custom-01

match protocol custom-02

match protocol custom-03

match protocol custom-04

match protocol printer

match protocol secure-http

class-map match-any Call-Signaling

match ip dscp cs3

class-map match-all Voice

match ip dscp ef

class-map match-all Scavenger

match ip dscp cs1

!

!

policy-map WAN-EDGE

class Voice

priority percent 31

class Call-Signaling

bandwidth percent 5

class Network-Control

bandwidth percent 5

class Scavenger

bandwidth percent 1

class Critical-Data

set ip dscp af21

bandwidth percent 34

random-detect dscp-based

class class-default

bandwidth percent 24

random-detect

Please see the attachment for policy-map output statistic.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: QoS-Policy Map Statistics

Hi,

I think you are understanding the packets matched with the concept of packet drops in the statistics. You would have defined a bandwidth to a class and whenever there is traffic matched under the class , traffic is sent via that queue and packet counters increases similar to that of a physical interface ,but in qos its cumulative .

If your queue is full , then there is a chance of packets getting dropped and the same can be seen in the " drop" .Unless your class traffic doesnt exceed the BW , you dont have a problem and packets and bytes matched would keep on increasing.

Hope it helps

regards

vanesh k

2 REPLIES

Hi,

I think you are understanding the packets matched with the concept of packet drops in the statistics. You would have defined a bandwidth to a class and whenever there is traffic matched under the class , traffic is sent via that queue and packet counters increases similar to that of a physical interface ,but in qos its cumulative .

If your queue is full , then there is a chance of packets getting dropped and the same can be seen in the " drop" .Unless your class traffic doesnt exceed the BW , you dont have a problem and packets and bytes matched would keep on increasing.

Hope it helps

regards

vanesh k

Hi Vanesh - Thank you very much for your clarification and your input is really helpful.

Once again, thank you!

Hieu

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content