cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS Problem

ricardo-morales
Level 1
Level 1

hi i want to someone can suggest something to me i has ten branch i the used frame relay 128 kbps in te interface remote aplied frame relay traffic shapping also in the host, but all inside the traffic was slowly, i remove the traffic shapping command everything is ok right know.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

stephenshaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hola Ricardo,

unless you configure the actual parameters for the frame relay traffic shaping, the default values would be used. If memory serves, the default would be for 56Kbps and since you have 128 Kbps circuits .........

Also, FRTS is not QoS since it does not play any role in marking or prioritizing traffic. I would suggest doing a search on this web site for config examples of FRTS and try it again using the appropriate values. You want to apply FRTS to the "hub" location that typically has the higher bandwidth and prevent this link from swamping the remote 128 Kbps circuits.

HTH y saludos,

Steve

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

stephenshaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hola Ricardo,

unless you configure the actual parameters for the frame relay traffic shaping, the default values would be used. If memory serves, the default would be for 56Kbps and since you have 128 Kbps circuits .........

Also, FRTS is not QoS since it does not play any role in marking or prioritizing traffic. I would suggest doing a search on this web site for config examples of FRTS and try it again using the appropriate values. You want to apply FRTS to the "hub" location that typically has the higher bandwidth and prevent this link from swamping the remote 128 Kbps circuits.

HTH y saludos,

Steve

you mean that the default value for traffic shapping is 56 kbps...where can i read more about this..

jamesfang98
Level 1
Level 1

1. Make sure total shaping bw not excced CIR

2. If you classify traffics, then ensure all in desired class

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: