Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

QoS Question (No BW Guarantee + RED)

I'm doing a bit of tuning on our QoS design. Cisco has a document called THE QoS BASELINE AT-A-GLANCE. This document states that the Scavenger class should be set as No BW Guarantee + RED. I don't see that this is possible or I'm not fully understanding it. If I try to add the randon-detect command to the scavenger class I get an error stating that I must first add the bandwidth statement.

What am I missing?

I'm working on a 7206VXR with 12.4(25b) code

Thanks,

Patrick

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: QoS Question (No BW Guarantee + RED)

Like you said random-detect command will not accepted if the bandwidth command is not configured. One solution is to set the bandwidth to a low value like 1%. Please take a look at the Enterprise QoS SRND example 3-8.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/QoS_SRND/WANQoS.html#wp96699

Regards,

jerry

Cisco Employee

In addition to my colleague Jerry's suggestion. Another possible solution is to upgrade IOS to 12.4(20)T or later code, which support HQF.  The class-default queue will have 1% reserved bandwidth, so it will take RED without bandwidth command.

HTH,

Lei Tian

Thanks for the URL. It was very helpful. I have a deployment in place for two of my locations and I'm been monitoring it with ManageEngine Netflow Analyzer. So far it looks good.

--Patrick

Views
Helpful
Replies