Views
Helpful
Replies

QOS Router

amacdos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Our router is being configured with QOS ,but I am unable to understand the configurations and the output . Is there anybody who can explain , the output below

7 Replies 7

ahmed-hussein
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Pleae provide full configuration

Thanks,

Ahmed Hussein

Hi Ahmed ,

I am attaching the file ,

Let me know , if you need more ..

Hi

I feel you are trying ur hands in a lab scenario.

The first class RT picks up the packets which matches any of the conditions 1) with ip prec 5 2) with packet length 100

Second class picks up the packets which belongs either to ip prec 6 or ip prec 7.

Third class is being configured without any condition when compared to the other classes.

This is how you classify the traffic (pre marked traffic) under the classes as per your own requirement.

Once you have done with that you define the required priority or bandwidth gurantee to them using either LLQ or CBWFQ,,

for the class network which you hve defined earlier you are defining a bandwidth gurantee of 16Kbps

for class RT you have missed out to mention any gurantee or priority and class realtime traffic you are remarking it to ip prec 5.

Also all the other traffic will be classified under default class and will use FQ (fair queue)

i would suggest to check this link for more info on configuring QOS and how to define the policies..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tsd_technology_support_category_home.html

regds

Hello,

Thanks for the information you provided, I can see from the configuration that there's three classes RT, NETWORK & PRE-REALTIME, on the class RT there's maching on a pre marked packets with ip precedence 5 from another device behind the FastEthernet0 interface and also for packets with length till 100 bytes, also for the NETWORK there's maching for packets pre marked with ip precedence 6 & 7, and the latest class PRE-REALTIME maching all other traffic

##############

policy-map egress

class RT

!!!!!

class NETWORK

bandwidth 16

classe PRE-REALTIME

fair-queue

##############

Thanks,

Ahmed Hussein

Thanks Ahmed ,

Are you able to intrepret the output as the QOS.txt file that I have attached .

The output and QOS , what basically it means

Hello,

The configuration you provided means that the router is not marking packets it depends on pre marked packets from another device behind the FastEthernet0 interface, so I have included attached file with the configuration that should be applied on this base

which indicates that there's no need for input policy map to be applied on the LAN interface as there's no class PRE-RTI configured on the router

Please find attached file for the configuration, but the only missing thing is the amount of BW you need to assign to RT class

The meaning of this configuration that there's premarked packets with ip precedence 5 or with length lower that 100 byte will be included in the RT class (which you have to specify its BW),also premarked packets with ip precedence 6 or 7 will be included in the NETWORK class which is assigned 16kbps BW and the PRE-REALTIME class will include the rest of traffic that will take the rest of the BW

hope this could help, thanks to rate all postings

Thanks,

Ahmed Hussein

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card