cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS Service Policy Not Being Taken by GRE Tunnel Interface

mlenco
Level 1
Level 1

I've created a nested QoS policy shaping traffic to 1 Gb/s on an interface forcing certain traffic to a priority of 66000 to use that pipe with the assumption that all other traffic will use best effort. I can see the commands pop up when typing them on a GRE tunnel interface but I get an error stating that the policy is not supported on input or output on the interface. Is that a license thing? Why can I type the commands but have the commands fail on a GRE tunnel interface? It is on a 6500 running sup72033-adventerprisek9_WAN-mz.122-18.SXF9.

4 Replies 4

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

Did you try putting on the tunnel source interface or the tunnel itself ?

I put the commands on the tunnel interface not the tunnel's source interface. The commands show up with a ? on the tunnel interface but fail so I assume it is reasonable to put it on the tunnel interface, until I got the error. Will the commands work on the tunnel's source interface if it won't work on the tunnnel interface itself?

try the source interface (It can't hurt).

I'm speculating here, but i suspect that

since the tunnel is a logical rather than phsical thats where the issue lies. Sorry about the double post

vmiller
Level 7
Level 7

Did you try putting on the tunnel source interface or the tunnel itself ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card