Replies

qos values and input and output queues

sarahr202
Level 5
Level 5

hi every body!

-----f1(SW1)f2--------

Just for illustrative purpose, i am assuming simple values for qos

say qos=1 mean queue 1( frames in this queue will get serviced first)

if sw1 receives a frame with qos=1, sw1 processes the frame provided that qos=1 remain unchanged , will switch 1 place this frame in the queue for outgoing int which will be processsed first?

thanks a lot and have a nice day!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sarah

Assuming you want these packets to be serviced first on egress then you would want to place these packets into the priority queue if the switch port supports a priority queue.

If there is no priority queue then you can map it to a one of the other queues that gets preferential treatment but that is not the same as the priority queue.

Has this answered your question or have i missed the point :)

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sarah

Assuming you want these packets to be serviced first on egress then you would want to place these packets into the priority queue if the switch port supports a priority queue.

If there is no priority queue then you can map it to a one of the other queues that gets preferential treatment but that is not the same as the priority queue.

Has this answered your question or have i missed the point :)

Jon

thanks for your reply Jon!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card