Views
Helpful
Replies

qos - when does it kick in

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all

If I configure QOS on my router, the interface is shaped at 4meg and a child policy for voip giving 1 meg, If I do a show policy map interface, should i see matched packets under the class maps even though there is no congestion?

what is the 5 minute offered rate used for?

when will it actually kick in, will the traffic go in the priority queue even if the link isnt congested ?

cheers           

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shehzadtesleem
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, You will see the matched packets in show policy-map interface and traffic will go in PQ even ther is no congestion.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

shehzadtesleem
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, You will see the matched packets in show policy-map interface and traffic will go in PQ even ther is no congestion.

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

My understanding is, there's no PQ or other queueing until there's congestion.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card