Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Query on T1

Hi all,

I have a very common question with respect to T1 links. For a T1 having bandwidth of 1.544 Mbps, the upload and download are 1.544 each. What happens when I download 1.544 Mbps of traffic. Does it affect the upload because already 1.544 Mbps is traversing the link.

I know that this is a very simple question but I came across this when working on another issue and couldmn't find myself a convincing answer.

Thanks

Mukundh

• WAN Routing and Switching
3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Query on T1

Mukundh

It has no effect on upload if you are running a heavy load on download. The upload and the download are independent of each other.

Perhaps a different way of thinking about it might help. Think about having a 2 lane road that runs East to West. If there are a lot of vehicles going from East to West does that have any impact on vehicles going from West to East?

HTH

Rick

Gold

Query on T1

To add to Richards remarks, These links are full duplex. the transmit & receive are measured independently.

Query on T1

Thanks Miller nad Richards for your replies !!!

Views
Helpful
Replies