Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Query Regarding classless routing protocol

Q:-- Which of the followings are true regarding classless routing protocols.

A.) default-gateway is required.

In explanation it is mentioned that in classless routing protocols default-gateway is not required.

But I think default-gateway is required in both classless or classful routing protocols,bcoz if router receives a request for a network which router don,t know, it will drop the packet, if default-gateway is not mentioned.

Kindly give me feedback regarding this.

Thanks in advance..

Mahi

• WAN Routing and Switching
3 REPLIES
Purple

Re: Query Regarding classless routing protocol

Hi Mahi,

You should post all of the options given in the question because I don't believe answer A is correct. Neither classless or classful protocols *need* the default-gateway to function...

Paresh

Hi Paresh,

In question it is asked that what is true about classless routing protocols.

I want to know only that ip-default gateway is required in classless protocols or not.

if router receives a packet for destination about which router don,t know, it will drop the packet. but if u mention that address than router will forward the packet to that address.

Paresh.. do u have any yahoo ID so that i can chat with you.

Thanks

Mahi

Purple

Mahi,

I'd prefer to communicate via the forum where possible but you can always email me - my email address is included in my NetPro profile.

Paresh

Views
Helpful
Replies