Replies

Question on ODR

Dean Romanelli
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I have 2 simple questions about ODR.  For example's sake, let's just say:

Spoke router---------------------Hub Router

I am running EIGRP on my hub router, and I have ODR enabled so my hub sends default route to my spokes.

Question 1:  I know I have to redistribute the ODR routes into EIGRP in the hub, but do I also need to redistribute the EIGRP routes into the ODR instance? I believe I do, but I just want to confirm.

Question 2:  Let's say I want to add a redundant router to the spoke and use HSRP.  Will ODR still work as expected in a spoke environment using HSRP?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

1) why would you redistribute EIGRP routes into ODR on the hub?

The spokes all have a default route going to the hub and the hub knows the EIGRP routes

2)I'll have to lab it up

edit:   dual hub and odr    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_white_paper09186a0080093fde.shtml#t2

Regards

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

1) why would you redistribute EIGRP routes into ODR on the hub?

The spokes all have a default route going to the hub and the hub knows the EIGRP routes

2)I'll have to lab it up

edit:   dual hub and odr    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_white_paper09186a0080093fde.shtml#t2

Regards

Alain

Alain,

1. Yeah, that's what I figured.  I haven't done much in the way of redistribution and didn't know if the two protocols had to redistribute into each other by design.  Just wanted to double check.

2.  Excellent reference, Thanks.  Looks like it should work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card