Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Question on OSPF LSA Throttling and SPF Throttling

Hi Sir,

I wanted to configure the OSPF LSA Throttling and SPF Throttling features on the routers in a single OSPF area (Area 0). The commands are:

!

router ospf <process_id>

timers throttle spf ...

timers throttle lsa all ...

timers lsa arrival ...

!

Is it a requirement that the features be configured on all routers in the area? What's the overall implication if the above features are only configured on a few of the routers?

Please advise.

Thank you.

B.Rgds,

Lim TS

2 REPLIES
Purple

Re: Question on OSPF LSA Throttling and SPF Throttling

Lim,

The impact of doing this on a subset of routers would be that convergence time would only be as good as that of the slowest router (in terms of processing SPFs and LSAs). However, it will not break OSPF in any way.

Therefore, I recommend that you enable it on all the routers if possible.

Paresh

Bronze

Re: Question on OSPF LSA Throttling and SPF Throttling

Did you get this to work?

Was there any issues?

I also have multiple L3-switches and routers in Area0 and want to increase convergence. I want to add the following but not sure of the impact. Can I start adding this to each router and switch without worrying to much on the routing table?

Assuming a current stable network, I think these convergence changes will not drastically impact my production network while I make the changes.

ospf 1

ispf

timers throttle spf 10 100 5000

timers throttle lsa all 10 100 5000

timers lsaarrival

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content