Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Question over eigrp

in EIGRP, where is placed "successor route"? "feasible sucessor" is placed in topology table, but the "successor route" is placed in routing table and topology table or only routing table?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Question over eigrp

Hi Friend,

Yes the successor route is present in topology as well as routing table.

But if you just issue a command "sh ip eigrp topology" you will only see the feasible successor.

To display all entries in the topology table, use the "show ip eigrp topology all-links" command.

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is that the successor route appears in both the topology table and in the routing table. A feasible successor appears in the topology table and is the feasible replacement if the successor route becomes unavailable.

HTH

Rick

Hi

In eigrp , you have successor(next hop router) with the best metric for a destination.

The same way you have multiple successors for multiple destinations.

Best paths are stored in routing table (provided by successopr)

Alternate paths are stored in topology tabele.

You can see this details by executing a command

"show ip eigrp toplogy

Please rate if find suitable

Wait, if i can see the sucessor in the result of "sh ip eigrp topo" then, the successor is placed in routing table and topology table... this is my question, where is placed the successor route? I can say "the sucessor route is placed in topology and routing table".

Greetings

Hi Friend,

Yes the successor route is present in topology as well as routing table.

But if you just issue a command "sh ip eigrp topology" you will only see the feasible successor.

To display all entries in the topology table, use the "show ip eigrp topology all-links" command.

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content