Views
Helpful
Replies

Queueing suggestions for Multilink PPP T1s

chris.johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm looking into different queueing strategies for a pair of T1s using multilink ppp and would like to get some input on the different options.

We have a pair of T1 connecting the Corporate HQ to our Colo center. I'm using a pair of 2610s with 2 T1 WICs each, configured for MLP.

The Serial interfaces and the Multilink interface are currently using FIFO and I'm seeing a large amount of "output drops".

Last clearing of "show interface" counters 03:34:54

Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 23840

Queueing strategy: fifo

We use Citrix for several applications and I'm worried about the dropped packets affecting performance.

I've been looking at running WFQ, CBWFQ (do I need LLC?), or even PQ and I'm having trouble sorting out the options and making a decision.

Can anyone make a suggestion on reducing the output drops and prioritizing ICA traffic?

What should I expect when changing the queueing strategy on the interface? Do the serial interfaces need to match the Multilink interface? Will changing the queueing method bring the link down for a noticeable amount of time?

Thanks all,

chris

1 Reply 1

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

2 things we can configure is: ppp multilink fragment disable (under the multilink) and also use bandwidth instead of priority for policy-map.

This URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk762/tsd_technology_support_protocol_home.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card