Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Queueing suggestions for Multilink PPP T1s

Hi all,

I'm looking into different queueing strategies for a pair of T1s using multilink ppp and would like to get some input on the different options.

We have a pair of T1 connecting the Corporate HQ to our Colo center. I'm using a pair of 2610s with 2 T1 WICs each, configured for MLP.

The Serial interfaces and the Multilink interface are currently using FIFO and I'm seeing a large amount of "output drops".

Last clearing of "show interface" counters 03:34:54

Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 23840

Queueing strategy: fifo

We use Citrix for several applications and I'm worried about the dropped packets affecting performance.

I've been looking at running WFQ, CBWFQ (do I need LLC?), or even PQ and I'm having trouble sorting out the options and making a decision.

Can anyone make a suggestion on reducing the output drops and prioritizing ICA traffic?

What should I expect when changing the queueing strategy on the interface? Do the serial interfaces need to match the Multilink interface? Will changing the queueing method bring the link down for a noticeable amount of time?

Thanks all,

chris

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Queueing suggestions for Multilink PPP T1s

2 things we can configure is: ppp multilink fragment disable (under the multilink) and also use bandwidth instead of priority for policy-map.

This URL should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk543/tk762/tsd_technology_support_protocol_home.html

Views
Helpful
Replies