cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"show service-module" problem

stevennowell
Level 1
Level 1

We often use the long version of the "show service" command but utilizing the performance-statistics modifier. For some reason the command is failing on our 1721's running 12.2. The command is listed with this modifier in the universal cd for 12.2, so it dont think this is a code specific issue. Anybody have a idea why this is failing? I copied the syntax below.

router#show service-module serial 0 performance-statistics

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

(command is failing on the m in module)

--------------------------------

router#sh service-module serial 0

Module type is 4-wire Switched 56

Hardware revision is B, Software revision is 100,

Image checksum is 0x42444400, Protocol revision is 1.0

--------------------------------

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(7r)XM2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

cisco 1721 (MPC860P) processor (revision 0x500) with 83007K/15297K bytes of memory.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have found the answer. You have a 56k CSU correct?

This command applies to the four-wire 56k CSU/DSU, two-wire 56k CSU/DSU, and T1 CSU/DSU. The performance statistics only apply to the T1 CSU/DSU.

Let me know please.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps233/products_tech_note09186a0080093c56.shtml#c18

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

Router# show service-module interface performance-statistics [interval-range] is the format of the command.This Displays the CSU/DSU performance statistics for the past 24 hours. This command applies only to the FT1/T1 module.

Are you sure you are in the right privilege mode to run the command. I know you have a pound sign but I know some people that has that as part of their hostname.

Just a thought

I have found the answer. You have a 56k CSU correct?

This command applies to the four-wire 56k CSU/DSU, two-wire 56k CSU/DSU, and T1 CSU/DSU. The performance statistics only apply to the T1 CSU/DSU.

Let me know please.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps233/products_tech_note09186a0080093c56.shtml#c18

I think amritpatek has provided my answer here. The problem is that where this command is failing is on 56k wics. Evidently this command is only supported on t1's

I agree. Amripatek provided the answer first. I had missed where he had mentioned this command in only supported on T1s

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card