Views
Helpful
Replies

Radio Link Problem

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Champs,

I am sure someone can help me with the same. I have e1 links between the 2 sites which are conneted via the radio links.

As soon as the radio link fades the e1 link goes down. There are few condition of fading which is severe fading and light fading. With light fading the cell loss is there but with severe fading the e1 link goes down.

Now I am trying to find out what should be the minimum ms (milliseconds) configuration between the radio links to work fine and what will be the maximum and minimum ms rate at which the problem may start coming up.

If someone can help me with the same or can guide me with the links with these details will be highy appreciated.

Regards,

Ankur

2 Replies 2

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

hi

Instead of latency you need to check up the distrubance or interference on the same frequency.

if you have more n more RF links in your vicinity you tend to settle down with more interfernces from the other link configured on the same Band.

I feel if you can move onto the next band from your current band with a new/enlarge antenna you can overcome this.

Before that you can try up doing fine tuning to avoid interference with other links ,but as i said sometime in near future other link may pop up which may bring interference.

So again you need to get onto fine tuning the link to get rid off interference.

I had very pleasant time with RF links years back in a RF crowded region and forced to get onto new band with different antennas on both the ends..

regds

Hi Edwin,

I am trying to reproduce the same problem in my test bed first. I have an analyzer sx13 to add different delay on each individual e1 link to find out if I can reproduce the same problem.

I am not sure what should be the delay value set in ms to bring the simulated lab up first and then I will increase the delay and errors on one side to see the behaviour.

If you can ping me some link which can guide me more abour RF links and the delay values set in different conditions it will be real help.

Regards,

Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card