Views
Helpful
Replies

rate limited

anitachoi3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I config a tunnel between HQ and remote office via Internet. The total Internet BW is 10M. I would like to allocate 2M for tunnel.

Do I apply the rate limited on tunnel? if so, it will limit the Internet traffic also. Any work around

rdgs

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Istvan_Rabai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Anita,

If you apply rate-limiting to the tunnel interface it will limit the traffic through that tunnel only.

The traffic that should go to the Internet will go directly through the physical interface and will not be rate-limited.

If you apply rate-limiting to the physical interface, then this will limit traffic to all directions: tunnel traffic and Internet traffic as well.

Cheers:

Istvan

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Istvan_Rabai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Anita,

If you apply rate-limiting to the tunnel interface it will limit the traffic through that tunnel only.

The traffic that should go to the Internet will go directly through the physical interface and will not be rate-limited.

If you apply rate-limiting to the physical interface, then this will limit traffic to all directions: tunnel traffic and Internet traffic as well.

Cheers:

Istvan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card