cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended levels from output of show dsl interface command

mitchen
Level 2
Level 2

If I run the command "show dsl interface atm0" on my ADSL routers, I get a lot of information.

From the following link, it tells me what each line relates to e.g. "Noise Margin" = "Noise Margin, in decibels" and "Attenuation" = "Attenuation of the signal, in decibels" etc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5187/products_command_reference_chapter09186a008017cf56.html#wp1037825

But what I really want to know is what typical values are for each of these items. And values in what range would indicate a problem? (and, if possible, what the likely cause of the problem is?)

For example, what are the recommended ranges of values for Capacity used, Noise margin, Output power, Attenuation, etc - and what do these values actually tell me about the health of my ADSL connection?

Does anyone have any information on the above?

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

The default value for noise margin is 6 dB downstream, 6 dB upstream. To set the upstream and downstream CAP signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) margin values for a selected profile, use the cap margin command. Use the no form of the command to set the margins to the default values.

cap margin downstream cap-margin upstream cap-margin

Thanks for the info.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card